September 20, 2013

Compassion Bloggers: The Story behind the picture


A walk in my shoes


"For we walk by faith, not by sight"- 2 Corinthians 5:7. Take a walk in my shoes for a brief moment and you will see life from my eyes, the eyes of a child living in poverty. Eyes that are big and brown, blue, green, hazel and black. Eyes that  have seen struggle, grief, hunger, loneliness, despair and pain. Eyes that long to see a classroom, a wholesome meal, happiness, and love. Am I not a child? Shouldn't my days be filled with wonder, curiosity, joy and above all else the basic necessities of life? My walk is difficult and tiresome, but I know there is a greater hope out there. A hope that cares, protects, listens, comforts and gives life meaning. Our walk is a walk of faith, "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." My faith is being absolutely convinced and assured that what we hope for and believe in according to the promises of God in the Scripture is indeed going to come to pass. Faith is more than just empty hoping or thinking positively. It is an assurance and confidence that pierces to the depth of our souls that what God has said is true because God is for real and His promises are sure. Will you help me along my walk? Demonstrate compassion and sponsor me.

When you sponsor a child, you give them hope and sometimes new shoes for just $38 a month.


Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion
September is Compassion International's Blog Month, which aims to find sponsors for 3,160 children. So far at least 1,583 have sponsors. This is the first post I've written as part of this Compassion Bloggers campaign. This is a cause that is near and dear to my heart, I'm blessed to have the opportunity to share my passion to alleviate children from poverty with you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment